Award winning Dua Lipa is set to perform hits from her Gold selling first album, including fan favourite ‘New Rules’, next month in the UAE. Dua’s name translated means ‘love’ and she is guaranteed to bring just that to her first regional performance, but did you know these five fun facts about the UK songstress?
• At age 11, UK’s most streamed female artist of 2017 on Spotify was told that her voice was too low and that she simply could not sing. Makes you wonder what dream you gave up on too soon?
• Dua Lipa’s favourite singers are Nelly Furtado and Pink. Talk about having kick-ass female role models!
• Her father is Kosovan Rockstar Dukagjin Lipa, and we cannot get enough of his Instagram. Not only is he a hottie, he’s also his daughter’s biggest fan!
• One thing Dua Lipa cannot live without? Hot sauce. Good thing UAE has plenty of spice-infused venues to choose from during her visit.
• The singer and songwriter is part of the honorary ‘dark-pop’ genre, with the likes of Lady Gaga and legendary Duran Duran.
More details on the concert:
Presented by du Live! and brought to you by FLASH Entertainment, tickets for the event are available through www.ticketmaster.ae and Virgin Megastores across the UAE.
Nirvana Travel & Tourism, the official Travel Agent Partner, is providing packages for the show available at www.ntravel.ae. For packages information, visit www.ntravel.ae and to book packages, call +971 2 627 7997 Ext. 2. *Subject to availability.
About FLASH Entertainment
Based in Abu Dhabi, FLASH Entertainment (#ThinkFLASH) is the region’s premier live events company, with a proven track record in delivering world-class events from movie premieres and classical shows to international sports events and megastar music concerts. FLASH offers comprehensive event management solutions from concepts and designs through to coordinating every stage of production. The company is committed to providing the region with diverse entertainment programmes, grass roots creativity and stimulating the local economy and events’ industry.